This page summarizes what we have determined about the properties along Neville street. We describe them south to north starting at the Parkway to Fifth Ave along the west side of the railroad. The east side is owned by the railroad for varying widths(25 to 90 feet) – Deed book 534 Page 43 and 1466 Page 14.
- Parkway past Soccer Fields, Panther Hollow lake to Pitt Parking
the dividing line is 25 feet from the western most rail – Deed book – 1466 Page 14.
beyond 25 feet owned by City of Pittsburgh – Parcel ID 28-M-175 and more – Deed Book 13618 page 361
- A short section that was Boundry Street – crosses under the railroad and extends on the west side for a few feet.
- Southern section of Pitt Parking lot for about 327 Feet –
from the center line of railroad for 50 feet owned by railroad – 1466 Page 14.
beyond 50 feet owned by University of Pittsburgh – Parcel ID 28-H-300 – Deed Book 6729 page 42
- Northern section of Pitt Parking lot for about 470 Feet to extension of Joncaire St
from the center line of railroad for 70 feet owned by railroad – 1466 Page 14.
beyond 70 feet owned by University of Pittsburgh – Parcel ID 28-H-300 – Deed Book 6729 page 42
- From extension of Joncaire St to Schenley Dr Bridge
owned by railroad – 1466 Page 14.
- From Schenley Park Bridge for about 270 feet to extension of Frew St
originally owned by railroad – 1466 Page 14. Claimed by Bob Reppe to be CMU controlled.
- From extension of Frew St for about 560 feet to middle of Scott Hall
owned by Castelle. Claimed by Bob Reppe to be CMU controlled.
- From middle of Scott Hall for about 521 feet to Forbes Ave
Owned in 2002 by CMU – Deed Book 7166 Page 47 – Claimed by Bob Reppe to be CMU controlled.
- Unread Parcel ID 52-N-180 – Deed Book 11583 Page 94
- CMU Tupper building – Unread Parcel ID 52-K-240, –
- Central Catholic Gym – owned by Central Catholic – Unread Parcel ID 52-J-264 – Deed Book 14215 page 70
- Residence on Fifth – owned by CMU – unread Parcel ID 52-J-114 – Deed Book 14272 Page 21.
The building footprint is a different unread Parcel ID 52-J-116 – Deed Book 12390 Page 408
History of Land Transfers
Before the railroad existed, there are three original owners of land in 1890 between the future parkway and Forbes Ave. Mary Schenley, H Samson, Chris Mcgee. See History of Land Transfers for current status
CSX Valuation maps (what CSX believes, or did at some point)
- Deeds-North-Sheet.pdf (5.07 Mb)
- Deeds-South-Sheet.pdf (4.43 Mb)
- Pitt-parking-lot.pdf (2.81 Mb)
- RailRoad-North-sheet.pdf (5.74 Mb)
- RailRoad-South-sheet.pdf (7.3 Mb)
Selected fragments of topographic maps and historical maps of the Schenley Plaza/Neville St area, showing old roads, original stream locations, progress of constructions (historical maps from http://peoplemaps.esri.com/pittsburgh-maps/ — go explore further)